I offer a broad range of consulting services for my clients’ legal needs. My mission is to help my clients accomplish the right legal outcome with the right professionals (most often accountants and lawyers) who are competent to do the right work as effectively as possible in the most efficient manner possible at the right price. This consulting work overlaps and integrates with the consulting work I do for my clients through BRS Consulting (www.brsconsulting.com).
My services include:
- How to resolve conflicts without resorting to litigation.
- Advising individuals, churches, and companies on how to resolve complex legal issues using alternative dispute resolution.
- Identifying legal issues, developing legal strategies, researching, recommending, and helping clients identify and select best-in-class legal representation for specific areas of law (e.g., patent and other intellectual property, personal injury, securities, tax) and litigation matters (criminal, civil, marital and family).
- Integrating estate and tax planning with financial and charitable giving planning.
- Business startup and succession planning.
- Business capitalization and finance, including compliance with securities laws at the state and federal levels.
- Establishing and maintaining a non-profit organization (private foundations and public charities).
- Establishing ERISA compliant qualified retirement plans.
- Training and working with employers to develop business strategies for maximizing employee performance and minimizing legal liability.
- Advising small business owners/employers on day-to-day contractual, employment, and other legal issues that arise in the ordinary course of business.
- Educating and training on conflict resolution in the workplace and how to transform a human resources department into a human stewardship department.